This is the first post to my Blue Leaf Nature News blog so I thought I'd set out what people can expect to see.
In the coming weeks and months, I intend sharing news about the activities of Blue Leaf Nature and many of my wildlife experiences when I'm out and about with my camera.
For the past four years I have carried out biodiversity monitoring for one of my corporate clients in Argyll – so I'll look at posting a review of some of the highlights. Located around Loch Awe, the site has proven a great area for birds, butterflies and other insects.
You will see from my profile that I'm very interested in invertebrates, particularly hoverflies – so I'll be compiling a review of the year. Despite the cold, wet spring and summer, I've had a great year and recorded several hoverfly species that are new to the Renfrewshire/Inverclyde vice county.
We are at the tail end of the season now, though, with the nights drawing in and the temperature starting to dip. This is around the time of year I turn my attention to landscape photography – so I'll kick start this blog with one of my recent shots, a sunset taken at Woodhall on the River Clyde just along the road from where I stay.
This is one of my favourite photography locations, so easily accessible and with great views west towards the Clyde Estuary. The wooden posts are the remains of timber ponds, where the shipbuilding industry in the 19th Century seasoned wood for making the ships that made the Clyde so famous. The posts add great foreground interest for the amazing, blazing sky – the sign of a cold front moving in.
No comments:
Post a Comment